Saturday, October 10, 2009

5 surprising things I miss about the US

1. Instantly hot water--the calefon is awesome for its endless hot water but it takes forever to heat up. Sucky for washing hands.
2. Chicken--specifically awesome Amish chicken.
3. Cops--Specifically the traffic enforcers. I don't even know where to begin about how terrible Chilean drivers are. There are No Rules on the road here and no one enforcing anything like, oh, a speed limit or rules about changing lanes or, I don't know, driving on the curb.
4. Chewing gum--I can only find dinky little packets of 8 tiny pieces. I need a big hunk of bubble gum!
5. Weather forecasts--No one writes a weather forecast for the farm area so every day it's like "Hmm, what should I wear today? How about everything and I'll just take off what I don't need." One day it's 85, the next it's 60.

No comments: