Monday, March 29, 2010

Straw House Pics

There are so many photos that I took that I can even begin to tell a story around, so I thought I'd just post a bunch of photos here of the process.

The first wall developing

Within an hour or so, the walls were developing



The walls where I planned for sections to be one bale thick turned out the best.

While the walls were going up, they started planning the roof dimensions on the floor:


The house was like a beehive:

Nick and the farm guys enjoy a late afternoon beer. It was HOT that day.

This was most of the people who came, but not even everyone. I can't thank them enough.

At the end of the day, the house looked like THIS!

Here's an interior shot with the roof plate:



1 comment:

Hanna said...

That's pretty amazing! I can't wait to see the rest of the process. You are going to have some big window ledges, huh? I know someone who did this before but the builders by accident made it so they were on the outside rather than the inside. :/